Friday, August 12, 2011

You can geocache with a cold if you have Kleenex

I have a cold. My nose has been running non-stop. I told my son I wouldn't catch his cold! HAH!!! I was supposed to be on a bike ride today. it is impossible to ride and blow my nose at the same time--I'm not one of those no hands riders. Plus, where would I put the box of Kleenex? The problem was solved when we decided to go geocaching! With my Kleenex box and my package of antibacterial wipes we were all set.

We needed a couple of geocaches for some challenges we are trying to complete. One was in Manteca and one was way over in Tuolumne County. We could do it in a day and we could pick up some more along the way. Of course, it would have been easier if we had started earlier but when your nose is congested it is hard to think about moving faster!

Our first stop was probably the highlight cache of the day. It was a virtual cache at a Quickstop market invaded by aliens. They were everywhere! Their space ship had crash landed on the roof. The visitors had taken over the store and they were grabbing everything in sight. What a sight! If you are ever in the neighborhood-- check it out! It's called "Don't Panic" (GC4140). We were having such a great time we didn't have time to
even think about panicking.

We continued trekking down the road and eventually ended up on Hwy 120. We could have continued all the way to Yosemite but I didn't have that much Kleenex with me. The geocaches we found were not spectacular but there were a few interesting containers. The real interest, though, was in the sky. The clouds were incredible. And wouldn't you know it, our camera was back home. I had to resort to taking pictures with my iPad! Surprise! We got some good ones!

We kept going until we arrived at Jamestown and opted to return via Historical Hwy 49. It wasn't the shortest route but it was the more scenic from an historical point of view. We arrived back in Sacramento just in time to compete for our place in the Friday night rush hour getaway traffic. I think it took us longer to get through Sac than it did the rest of the trip. Not to worry. I still had some Kleenex left. Maybe that means I am on the road to recovery. Doesn't matter. All I know for sure is that you can still geocache if you have a cold--and a box of Kleenex!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: